The goals of Yolo Hospice’s Bereavement Services are:
- to provide you with information about the normal grief process;
- to offer you an opportunity to review and reflect on the experience of caring for your loved one and your loss experience;
- to assess and monitor individual coping ability, stress levels, and available support;
- to encourage you to utilize existing support systems and/or to seek and create additional sources of support; and,
- as appropriate, to recommend effective methods for coping with and adjusting to the loss.
Information shared by our clients during phone conversations and support sessions will be held in confidence except when the following legal limitations apply:
- When the client threatens bodily injury to another or is suicidal.
- When there is reasonable suspicion that child abuse or abuse to a dependent adult has occurred or will occur.
- When ordered by a court.
- When the client provides written permission to disclose information.
- When a worker’s compensation claim has been filed.
Please treat all information discussed as confidential and private. When attending via electronic means, please do not attend meetings from a public location or where content can be seen or heard by non-participants. Thank you.