Helping You to Be You
The YoloCares palliative care program provides an extra layer of support for people dealing with a serious illness. We are here to help you navigate the often confusing healthcare system.Why YoloCares?
Our goal is to improve the quality of your life by offering support in the following areas:
- Assess your symptoms, including: pain, nausea, loss of appetite, low energy, shortness of breath, constipation, depression and anxiety.
- Provide communication between people on your medical team to address symptom issues and support your care.
- Explain to you and your family what you can expect when living with a serious disease.
- Assist you to manage stress.
- Help prevent unnecessary emergency visits and trips to the hospital.
- Create a plan for care of your serious illness.
- Help you make informed decisions about your treatment.
- Engage your family in healthcare decision making.
What do we provide?
YoloCares supports your goals, to make sure your care and/or treatment is in line with your goals. We provide:
- A Nurse Navigator to help coordinate your care
- Advance Care Planning
- In-person visits based on level of need
- Telephonic support (available Mon-Fri, 9 am to 5 pm)
- Volunteer companionship and caregiver respite
Our palliative care specialist will connect you with community resources. We may also assign a volunteer for your ongoing support.
How do you get started with YoloCares?
Participation is voluntary. A phone call is all you need to get started. Call us: (530) 601-5770
We will answer your questions, collect some information and see if YoloCares could be a match for you.
What is the cost?
There is no charge for YoloCares clients. The program is funded through philanthropic support.
Where is YoloCares provided?
We come to you to assess your needs and also offer telephonic support.
Who is the YoloCares team?
Our staff includes nurses, social workers and professionally- trained volunteers. Together, YoloCares team members help understand your symptoms, goals and needs. They build a care plan that makes sense for you.
“I experienced such a huge sense of relief the day my mother signed on with YoloCares. Until then, as her health declined, my own stress level increased, as I worried about keeping her safe and being an effective medical advocate. With the support of YoloCares, I’ve been able to relax. Now all I have to do is enjoy my Mom.”
– Lynn Gore, daughter of a YoloCares recipient